SAVE THIS POST! Let’s discuss 5 session mistakes to AVOID:
- Not reading the session prep materials: We promise, we give these to our clients for a reason: to make your session day easy and stress free! We are the experts when it comes to preparing for a session because we’ve helped hundreds of clients over the past 12 years. We know all the tips and tricks to having the best session possible, so make sure to read over all the resources we give you to help you be ready for your big session day!
- Not booking early: Portraits are NOT the time to wait until the last minute. You will need plenty of time to make other appointments with your nail artist, aesthetician, etc to make sure you feel your best the day of your session. You also need to consider how busy life is in general and you’ll want to have your session booked with your top choice for photographer before they book out!
- Showing up late: Photographers work around the timing of the sun for outdoor sessions and we can’t extend your session much past sunset. Showing up even 15 minutes late could affect your session to the point that you might see a smaller amount of images due to the time constraints. If we run out of sunlight, the session is over. Please keep in mind that we could have additional sessions that day or have coordinated with hair and makeup, who might also have other commitments, so please be on time.
- Only keeping the digitals: Do yourself a favor and at the very least, print your session images! You never know what will happen to technology and printing your images will be your favorite way to view them, we promise. Bonus points if you get a beautiful album or wall art that you’ll be able to look at for years to come!
- Not having enough variety in your wardrobe choices: VARIETY is everything! Make sure that your outfits aren’t all one type. For our seniors, that would be all dresses, jeans, shorts, tshirts, etc. Try to incorporate a variety of not only pieces, but styles as well (like urban, organic, casual, and sophisticated).
Can you believe we are halfway through February already? We are already booking well into summer so don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re ready to schedule your maternity, newborn, child, family, or high school senior portrait!