Short answer? YES! And while professional hair and makeup artistry is included with our Signature Newborn, Maternity, and HS Senior girl sessions, we can coordinate scheduling a hair and makeup artist for you for any of our other sessions.
Makeup truly is a must for any portrait session and while you could probably apply it yourself, a professional makeup artist can create an entirely different result. Makeup not only gives you a natural glow, but it will ensure you’re feeling beautiful and confident on the day of your session.
Here are a few of the reasons why professional makeup application is highly recommended by photographers:
- A makeup artist will assess your specific needs, ensuring your best features are highlighted.
- If you’re opting for a specific photography style, a makeup artist can create a look that matches it perfectly.
- By hiring a professional, you get to take advantage of their experience as well as the best brands and tools.
- When you don’t need to apply makeup yourself, it’s one less thing for you to worry about on the day of your session.
- Professional makeup is applied in specific stages to ensure your skin looks natural and fresh. Not everyone has the knowledge or the right products available to achieve this. Plus, buying new makeup and face care products just for one day can be costly.
- Hiring a professional means you get to try things you haven’t before or generally wouldn’t try at home, fake lashes being one of them.
To get the most out of your makeup application session, make sure that you stay hydrated the day before and show up to your session with a clean face. If you’ve chosen the right makeup artist and clearly communicated your preferences (or work with our amazing artists), you can trust them to achieve a beautiful end result that will enhance your portraits.