Another installment of Around the Hill, this time featuring the Slide Shop!
The Slide Shop is one of my family’s absolute favorite places to eat in Richmond Hill. With its fun, quirky atmosphere, vintage movie memorabilia, friendly staff, and downright delicious food, the Slide Shop is a no-brainer if you’ve ever wondered, “What’s for dinner?” Not only are the sliders, fries, milkshakes and other notions enough to satisfy any appetite (don’t let the slider size fool you, the flavors are mouthwatering) the owners, Steve and Meaghan Price, are amazingly kind, generous, thoughtful Richmond Hill residents. Let me introduce you to them. 🙂
- How long have you been in business? 6 months as of September 4th.
- Where are you located and what are your hours of business? Ford Plaza, 10076 Ford Avenue, Suite L. Our hours are Tuesday-Thursday and Saturday from 11-7, Friday 11-9, although we are open later for home football games.
- Describe your business. What service(s) or product(s) do you offer? We offer big flavors and small packages. Sliders, fries, and milkshakes. Sliders are a great way to pack a variety of flavors in one meal. Plus, you get to choose the size of your meal with 1,2,3 or more sliders.
- How did you get started in this business? While cutting our teeth waiting tables in college we developed an appreciation of good food. Two decades later we started to make our own food, and wanted to bring it to our new community.
- What is unique about your business? We’re all about our customers. We want them to have an experience every time they come in, not just good food. We keep it interactive. Have an idea? Share it … you just might see it on the menu. Heck, you can name it, too.
- To what do you attribute your business success? 100% customer focused.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? We hope that our following grows enough to allow additional locations and a food truck in the Savannah area.
- What do you enjoy most about what you do? Getting to know the people of Richmond Hill, and knowing they enjoy the experience so much they keep coming back.
- What do you love about Richmond Hill? The small town feel and sense of a family community. Our residents are incredibly loyal.
- Favorite quote? “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
- When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? “He” wanted to be an FBI agent, “She” wanted to be a teacher.
- Anything else you’d like to share or think the readers would like to know? We’re thankful for the hospitality of Richmond Hill and the way the people here have embraced the Slide Shop. We look forward to feeding your for many years.
Steve and Meaghan, thank you for bringing your delicious food to the Richmond Hill community. You may reach The Slide Shop by: phone (912) 445-5638, or through Facebook.
Have a business you’d like to see featured? Please contact the studio at (912) 200-5284.