As a photographer, my computer is a pretty darn important part of my business. And when computer troubles hit, the results can be disastrous. Thankfully, Mike of Richmond Hill’s Tech Smart is the perfect person to seek around the Hill when electronic strife ensues. Mike has personally helped me multiple times with computer issues, including faulty memory and a failing hard drive (yikes!!). Mike is hard working, efficient, highly knowledgable in his field, and a genuinely nice guy. I would unwaveringly recommend him to any of my clients and friends.
- How long have you been in business? 2 years
- Where are you located and what are your hours of business? 2465 US Highway 17, Richmond Hill. Our hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm.
- Describe your business. What services or products do you offer? We offer computer sales, service, upgrades and repair as well as onsite and remote online repair services. We are able to convert videotapes to DVD and also replace screens on iPhones and tablets.
- How did you get started in this business? My Dad was an electronic/appliance repairman when I was growing up. He brought computers home and I got to “test” them after he repaired them. I always had an interest in electronics of all kinds. My Dad taught me how to solder circuit boards about age 8.
- What is unique about your business? We consider ourselves a one stop shop for all computers and electronics. We work on Mac and PC. We aren’t limited by brands and we aren’t limited to only computers. That’s why we chose the name Tech Smart, because we’re more than just computers. We repair most electronics.
- To what do you attribute your business success? We offer good service and pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We know from time to time things can go wrong, but we will do whatever is needed to ensure our customers leave happy. We try to take time to talk to our customers, to hear them out, and earn their trust. We try to stand out from our competition, we want our customers to recommend us to their friends and family.
- Where do you see your business in 5 years? As technology changes we will expand our services accordingly. One of our newer services is online remote repair and I feel that will expand in the future.
- What do you enjoy most about what you do? I enjoy problem solving. Working on really tough computer problems and resolving them is highly rewarding. The best part is when a customer calls you after their repair to tell you how great their computer is running or how good the service was.
- What do you love most about Richmond Hill? How nice the people are. Most everyone I’ve met through the store have been so friendly and appreciative.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever received? My wife said, “Take a leap of faith and trust that it will work out,” and it did!
- Worst? “Try wasabi.”
- Favorite quote? “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to do what I’m doing.
- Anything else you’d like to share? We don’t charge for diagnostics, we offer free advice whether you bought from us or not. If you have any random questions about electronics give us a call at 912-756-TECH (8324). We’re always happy to help!
Have a business you’d like to see featured? Please contact the studio at (912) 200-5284.
Next month’s Around the Hill feature is one of my family’s favorite places to eat in town … The Slide Shop! Stay tuned! 🙂