Bringing a baby into the world is a wonderful life event that should be captured. It’s a special time you will want to remember and share with your little one once they are a bit older. If you are thinking about or have recently booked a maternity photo session then the below tips should come in handy as your prepare for your session.
- Scheduling. Schedule your session between 28 and 34 weeks as your tummy will have “popped” and have a beautiful shape.
- Moisturize. We know how important it is to moisturize those knees, elbows and belly, but we recommend you do so 1 – 2 hours before the session to avoid any shininess or sticky clothes. You should also avoid wearing any tight fitting watches or bracelets that might leave marks on your skin.
- Makeup. The camera tends to “swallow” everyday makeup, so we recommend applying your makeup a touch heavier than normal. All of our maternity clients receive professional hair and makeup artistry as part of their session with us – one less thing for you to worry about!
- Mani & Pedi. Treat yourself to a neutral or light colored manicure and pedicure 1 – 2 days prior to your maternity session. Your hands will most definitely show in your images, so be sure to not overlook them.
- Special Items. If you already have some cute baby items such as shoes, hats, toys, blankets or onesies, bring them along as they make for adorable props. The same applies to family heirlooms. If you have a special locket, quilt, or picture that you would like to use, bring it along too.
- Wardrobe. Take the time to pick the right outfit for your maternity session. You should of course be comfortable, but make sure that your clothing doesn’t detract from your tummy’s shape and your natural glow. Avoid large, bold patterns or clothing that is too loose. Empire waists, drawstrings, flowing tops, and wrap dresses are perfect for enhancing your shape. Here at MMP, we offer a large client closet with over 60+ gowns, tops, skirts, and dresses that are perfect to use and included in your session with us.
Treasure this time and enjoy preserving the memory of growing your precious little one. If you’re ready to schedule your maternity session with us, give us a call at 912.200.5284 or email email@example.com.