There is nothing quite like capturing memories with your loved ones. Are you someone who enjoys taking beautiful pictures of you and your family? Then you are probably always on the lookout for inspiration for your next photo session. In honor of Valentine’s Day, here are 7 unique photo ideas that we think you’ll love!
- Family history. Are you a fan of the photos that your grandparents or even great grandparents took way back when? Why not replicate them yourself? It’s not as hard as you might think – all it takes is a bit of editing and you can achieve the same antique look and feel. Many consumer labs have options for adding different tones to your images.
- First and last day of school. For the first day of school, grab some fun pictures of your child getting ready. Then, recreate the same images on the day they graduate from high school so you have some fun “before and after” pictures. You can even choose to add on college photos later!
- Generational photos. Pictures are one of those timeless items that are passed down through generations so why not create one that future family members will treasure? Take a photo with your daughter, mom, and grandma to show the generations of women in your family or any other mix of family members that you want to place in a picture together.
- Maternity pictures. There are many fun ways to show your progress through pregnancy and documenting it with pictures is the perfect way to capture this time in your life. Years from now you’ll be able to take your child all the way through your pregnancy journey with them.
- Pet portraits. If your pet is a member of your family (and whose isn’t?!) then capturing memories of and with them is important! There are many great ways to take some nice photos whether it’s outside at a park or in the comfort of your own home. Pinterest has lots of suggestions!
- Save the date. Getting married in the near future? Taking a quirky couple photo where your wedding date is displayed is a lovely way to invite people to your wedding. Fun ideas include writing the date on the bottom of your shoes to using chalkboards or balloons to display the date. Be creative!
- Gender reveal. Why not make finding out the gender of your baby a fun surprise for everyone by turning it into a fun photo that you can send around? Cute ideas include releasing pink or blue balloons out of a box or you could incorporate a cute color frame to hold around your belly. Or, partner up with our other business, Wonderfully Made Ultrasounds. You can have your ultrasound and gender reveal portrait session together on the same day!
Capturing your family’s love story is our specialty! If you’d rather hire a professional, give us a call at 912.200.5284 and we will help make your next session fun, stress-free, and memorable!